Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh, how I wish my troubles would just skate away...


While shopping today, I stumbled into, of all places, a sporting good store. Now, dear reader, I have little to no athletic ability and I'm hardly seen wearing sweatpants or sneakers, so this fete of my mine was quite out of character. While stumbling around, I came to a clearance table, where among the deeply discounted footballs, baseball cards, and athletic gear (FYI: If you need to by a gift for a brother, father, grandfather, or any other significant male in your life and are running low on cash, mosy on over to Modells) I saw a pair of white roller skates with pink wheels, similar to the ones above. They were so retro cute and my size, but best of all, they only had a price tag of $20 (while looking for the picture above, I learned a pair of run of the mill white and pink roller skates can cost like $180!) Sadly, dear reader, I did not have $20 or a use for pink roller skates. I begged my mom, but she said "Yes, they're cute, but you will never rollerskate and they'll just collect dust if you try to "display" them in your room."

Unfortunately, she's right and even though I have dreams of being one of those women that glide around Central Park and rollerskate while looking so cool and effortless, I guarantee I'd twist my ankle after riding around for five minutes. So, buyer of cute white rollerskates with pink wheels, take care of them, please. But then again, maybe if I search my couch for change I could afford them...

3 comments:

Tori said...

They are simply adorable! I want some rollerskates now...

Ana said...

cute!
this is surreal from teenvogue by the way
stop by my blog

Kkkeri said...

Ohh I forgot to say I linked you. ;]]]