Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dear Brownies, please be delicious. Signed, Gabby.

We finally made those amazing looking chocolate cherry brownies (I know, it's been a whole entire 2 days! What took me so long?) and well, the result was not as spectacular as we would have hoped. They tasted absolutely delicious, but half of them wouldn't even come out of the pan and the rest were falling apart.They didn't have that amazing moistness like the ones from the original recipe. I think this is partially due to the fact that the recipe had metric measurements which I converted using possibly unreliable internet calculators. Perhaps if I used cupcake liners they would have held together, but I just can't do that as I hold cupcakes very dear to my heart and sort of feel like making a brownie in a cupcake holder is kind of sacrilegious.(hmm, actually now that I think about it, a brownie cupcake would be amazing. Future experiment? Definitely).My mom thought they were fabulous (her words, not mine), my dad will basically eat anything and think it's good, and my sister kept sneaking tastes whenever she passed through the kitchen. Overall, not bad, but I should eliminate recipes with metric measurements. If I didn't have such a passion for licking the mixing spoon covered in batter, I just might use the cheaper and easier path of buying brownies.Just maybe.

No comments: