Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dear Lindsay Lohan,

Why? Why must you create garments that contribute to the downfall of society? We thought the leggings trend was this close to leaving the building, but, alas, you are trying to revive it. Sadly, it seems to be working, as your line has sold out. Come on, do you really have to call your line 6126, after Marilyn Monroe's birthday? We think it's highly inappropriate that you seem to be comparing yourself to a very troubled star, who, in case you forgot, took her own life (plus, Sienna Miller already played the birthday-as-name-of-fashion-line card with Twenty8Twelve).

Calling what looks like leopard legwarmers "ankle gloves?" Last time I checked, my ankles aren't really prone to coldness, especially in the middle of July. If we really wanted a pair of skintight, lame, high waisted leggings, we could just hope on over to American Apparel, where they don't cost $99. I don't even want to consider why anyone would even need leggings with built in kneepads. The zipper pair isn't terrible, but I refuse to pay $123 just so I can have air vents on the side of my leggings.

Please, reserve leggings for yoga class, not the night club. And, one more thing; why do you even need to collect the profits from this line? You are probably one of the highest paid young people in the world (How and why? I just don't know). Why not actually do something meaningful, like giving the profits to a charity (Which charity? I do not know. Maybe something along the lines of "Fashion Victims Anonymous").

Signed,
Gabby (and the rest of humanity)

P.S. The leggings only come in sizes 0,1,2,3. Is that your interpretation of xs,s,m,l or are these just reserved for skinny folks?

3 comments:

Copycat Sasha said...

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Kkkeri said...

Haha so so true!

By the way, I am awarding you the Weblog Premio Award. Congrats and lovely blog. =3

Gabby said...

Wow, thank you!