In other words, I did the dirty work for you. Now, when all your adoring friends ask where you found this scrumptious little cupcake recipe you can tell them "Oh, this lovely little girl over on the blogosphere named Gabby." Actually, no, don't say that. I hate when people say "blogosphere," it kind of makes me feel like blogging is some club where awkward men who still live with their mothers watch Battlestar Galactica and drink juice boxes (not that there's anything wrong with that...).
+1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
+1 teaspoon baking powder
+1/2 teaspoon salt
+1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
+1 cup sugar
+2 large eggs
+Coconut milk (about 1/2 a can, more on this later)
+2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
+1 teaspoon vanilla extract
+zest of 1 lime
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with cupcake papers.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4.Add the eggs one at a time, beating until well incorporated.
5. Add the half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
6. Pour the 2 tablespoons of lime juice into a 1 cup measuring cup. Then, fill the cup with coconut milk until it reaches the 3/4 cup mark.
7. Add the coconut milk mixture to the butter mixture.
8. Add the remaining flour mixture.
9.Add the vanilla and lime zest.
10.Spoon the batter into the prepared cups until about two-thirds full.
11.Bake 20-22 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
12.Cool cupcakes in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
+1 bar cream cheese
+1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
+2 cups confectioners sugar
+1-2 teaspoons coconut milk
1. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
2.On low speed, add 1 cup of sugar, then a teaspoon of coconut milk. Increase speed to medium, and mix completely. Add remaining cup of sugar and remaining coconut milk if necessary.
3.Increase speed to high, and mix until the frosting is fluffy and reaches a good consistency for spreading.
+about 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut.
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.Spread coconut on a baking pan.
3.Toast for about 6-8 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
1. Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.
2.Top with toasted coconut and additional lime zest.