Saturday, October 18, 2008

my dog ate my blog.

This is a note to all four of my dear readers who have been wondering why this blog is such a disappointment as of late. I wish I could say that I was in a third world country, helping small orphans and contracted a mysterious virus that impairs my blogging habits, but the truth is that I have been sitting around eating unhealthy amounts of bacon and watching Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten is my role model, people. For real).

"Next, just add 6 sticks of butter and 3 cups of bacon drippings! Pop it in the oven and then pour some chocolate on top. How gorgeous is that?" Hearts.



Oh and, in case I haven't said it 12 times before, my camera has taken a one-way ticket to Deadsville (one way ticket to Deadsville? I need to get out more) . We all know a blog without a camera is like a book without pages (I cannot fathom how deep I am). After pestering my parents and preparing them elaborate meatloaf and chocolate cake dinners, they have agreed to buy me a camera for my birthday.

So, you're wondering, why should I care? This means that in one short month there will be awkward photo shoots, failed DIY projects, and baked goods galore around here. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Kat said...

if you think ina garten puts aorta-clogging ingredients in her dishes, you should watch paula deen. i mean, my word, woman, i know you're southern, but what are you trying to do to us?

Hazel said...

BAREFOOT CONTESSA = LOVE
i once watched her spend 20 minutes making homemade crackers. crackers that clearly looked and sounded like she could've bought them in the store.

if that's not amazing, then what is?