Thursday, September 4, 2008

All The Cool Kids Are Doing It.

That's right,folks, anybody who's anybody is joining the Quirky & Co. Book Club.



I've decided that our first Quirky and Company book club read will be I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley. I know I'm being a bit of a book club tyrant (if there ever was such a thing...) by picking the book without the highly intelligent opinions of you, dear reader, but I chose it because a.) after reading the first few essays of the book, I've deemed it quite hilarious, b.) I thought since we can't have real snacks, we might as well read a book with cake in the title,C.) just look how darn pretty that cover is, and d.) I had a coupon for 20% off bestselling paperbacks and we all know that I am a cheapskate.


If you'd like to join:
1. Post a comment expressing your interest.
2. Mosey on over to your local bookstore or library (or bum your friend with really great taste in literature's copy) and pick up a copy of the book.
3. Devour every single page of it by the end of September (Don't worry, if you don't finish it until October 1st, we won't kick you out, I'll just give you really dirty looks from behind my my computer monitor.Kidding!).
4. E-mail me (quirkyandcompany@gmail.com) your thoughts, likes/dislikes, and favorite parts etc. of the book to be included in an upcoming post.

P.S. If you're a member of the Teen Vogue forums, let me know, so, just like the twinset wearing, crudites eating counterparts, we can coordinate an actual discussion.

4 comments:

Annie said...

what are the essays in the book about?

Gabby said...

GOOD QUESTION! I'll put the link to the Barnes and Noble description. Thanks for reminding me :].

Mary said...

I need to partake in this! Too fabulous. I never have enough time for anything, but I WILL MAKE TIME FOR THIS.

Gabby said...

YAY!