Monday, June 30, 2008

A Pocketful of Posie


Those of us who love Benetint, Benefit's lip and cheek stain with a cult following, will be happy to hear about a new version called Posietint. Like it's fantastic older sister, Posietint comes in a little bottle and is applied with a brush, but has a more of a natural pink tone rather than the flushed red that comes from Benetint. Naturally, as a huge fan of Benetint, I made an effort to stop by my local Sephora and give it a try. The bottle isn't glass like Benetint, but rather metallic. It's actually quite adorable and would make any dresser look proud, but that's just me thinking about the prettiness of something over the usefulness. The bottle isn't the only thing different, but the texture of Posietint is a gel instead of liquid like it's sibling. Honestly, this feels like rubbing pink nail polish on my face. The color is nice, though, and is very subtle and natural. This is a great alternative for fair-skinned darlings like me, because Benetint must be used sparingly or else we look like we belong at the Moulin Rouge, which is a look I don't think anyone would really desire (unless, of course,you spend most of your time doing the can-can). Posietint is currently available at your local Sephora or Benetint counter for $28. The price may seem a bit steep (well, at least for a teenage girl with a net worth of $13.47, like me), but if its anything like Benetint it will last you a lifetime (I've been using a 0.08 oz sample of Benetint from Sephora for the last 3 months and I'm only half way through).

1 comment: