Thursday, September 11, 2008

Red Velvet Cake Bites*

These cake bites (via Bakerella) are quite possibly the greatest achievement in cake since the cupcake. Yes, they're that amazing.

Want to make new pals? Make your parents forget about that "intimate gathering" with 56 of your closest friends you held while they were out of town last week? Make these. People will worship at your feet.

While my attempt to make them was certainly not as pretty, they we're scrumptious. Be warned: the cute little bite factor will fool you into eating five. Or seven. Believe me, I know -wallows in self guilt-.

*Bakerella actually calls these Red Velvet Cake Balls. I just have a weird qualm about eating desserts associated with the word "balls".I blame it all on this EPIC SNL skit I was traumatized by as a small child:

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

love this skit, it's one of my favs and those little red velvet cake balls look AMAZING!